Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lights Out!

This past Wednesday night and Thursday morning the Dallas area was hit pretty hard by thunderstorms. Jason and I left for work Thursday morning just before another round of severe storms came through. We came home from work that night to a number of branches down and a house without electricity. We suffered through the heat and humidity Thursday night, but decided we couldn't handle it another night. So we packed up Frank and Shirley and went to the Hotel Palomar (a swanky hotel five minutes from our house that I'd been wanting to try anyways). Our hotel digs were pretty luxe. Unfortunately, we learned that Frank was not made for hotel life. While Shirley happily lounged on the king size bed with Jason and I, Frank barked and whined whenever he heard someone walk by our door. The room was pretty well soundproofed, but that didn't hamper Frank's superdog hearing.

I was planning to spend today at a friends' house (thanks Brooke and Michael), but when I came by at noon to pick something up the power was on. (Thank goodness!) With Dallas a balmy 95 degrees today (with sweltering 60% humidity), I'm extremely thankful to have power back. Also, it's a good thing Jason wasn't born before A/C became a staple in houses. He has been a pretty grumpy curmudgeon (more so than usual).

Our lawn guys came and took care of all of the branches in our yard. Below are some pictures of the branches (ours and our neighbors'). It's no wonder there were so many downed power lines!




No comments:

Post a Comment