Sunday, June 21, 2009

Jason = Bob Villa . . . well, not quite

I would not consider Jason to be a "handy guy" around the house. Don't get me wrong, he helps around the house plenty. But when it comes to home maintenace and repair, he isn't exactly the handiest guy around. This has been tough for me to accept. Growing up, it seemed like my dad knew how to do everything -- change the oil in my car, wire electricity, replace an alternator, fix a running toliet, etc. (You get the idea). Well, with the help of my dad, I'm finally starting to mold Jason into the handy guy of my dreams. A couple of weeks when my dad was here, he gave Jason some training basic handyman skills. This weekend I decided to take it up a notch: clean and waterproof our deck. Jason and I cleaned it on Saturday and then waterproofed it Sunday morning. I've posted "after" pictures below. I wish I would have thought to take "before" pictures, but trust me when I tell you that it looks 110% better. Now I just have to decide on our next project . . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment