So, as I predicted, I’ve fallen a little behind on blog posts. We just got back from visiting my brother Ty in Oregon, but first we’ve got to cover my parents’ visit two weekends ago. Jason and I had been using the same bedroom furniture since college, and we decided it was finally time to upgrade (to a king size bed, no less). Since we were upgrading, we were passing along our old guestroom furniture to my sister (which my parents had come down to collect). Unfortunately, Jason and I had been so busy with work that we hadn’t had a chance to actually shop for our furniture. Luckily, with Dave and Cheri in tow, we found something we really liked at the first store we went too (which was good, because I hadn’t really thought of other places to look). The furniture store wasn’t going to be able to deliver our new furniture until Thursday, but that was going to be in the middle of our trip to Oregon. So, Dave says, “We have the trailer here, why don’t we just pick it up ourselves and move it in.” Famous last words.
Six hours of back-breaking work later it was all moved in and assembled. I’m pretty proud to say that my mom and I moved the king size mattress up the stairs all by ourselves. (Don’t ask me how – I’m pretty sure it resembled an episode of “I Love Lucy”). Of course, the boys helped quite a bit too. Needless to say, Jason and I are pretty pleased with the purchase. Our new king size pillow top mattress is way more comfortable than the rock we were sleeping on before. I've posted some pictures of our new and improved bedroom below.


No comments:
Post a Comment